- Bulletin 05/19/2013
- Parish Council
- Vision Themes »
- Liturgy Committee
- Justice & Peace »
- Education Committee
- Pastoral Care »
- Outreach Committee
- Community Life
- Plant/Maintenance Comm-About »
- Finance Committee
- Habitat »
BAPTISM is celebrated 4 times a year on designated weekends.
- January - The Feast of the Baptism of Jesus
- March/April - Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday
- June/July - Flexibility for this period. Usually celebrated on the last weekend of June
- October - Also a flexible schedule. Usually celebrated on the first weekend in October
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION is celebated communally during Advent and Lent. Appointments for individual confession can be made with the Pastor.
FIRST COMMUNION is celebrated on the first or second weekend of May.
The First Communion Program is one that is synchronized with the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and uses many of the materials from the Atrium. Children receiving First Communion are expected to participate in Atrium classes for the entire school year in which they receive First Communion. It is preferable that children participate in the Atrium for 2 or 3 years prior to making their First Communion
Children usually make their First Communion during second grade. However parents may feel that their child is ready either earlier or later than this point. Carol Dittberner will review this with parents and determine the best time for the child.
A 5 month preparation period for First Communion begins in January each year.
CONFIRMATION is celebrated every other year in April or May.
Students usually are confirmed in their freshman or sophomore year in high school.
- Young people start their preparation in the fall by chosing a sponsor. There are several organization meetings for this program in December or January.
- There is a confirmation guide prepared by members of Cabrini that the student and sponsor are expected to follow. The student and sponsor are expected to meet for at least 6 times over a 3 month period to discuss topics in this guide.
- A one or two day retreat for all confirmation candidates will be held prior to confirmation.
MARRIAGE is celebrated following arrangement with the Pastor.
To be married at St Frances Cabrini the couple must:
- Complete a marriage preparation course such as Engaged Couples or Engaged Encounter or other marriage prep program
- Complete a pre-marriage inventory and evaluation with a trained couple to administer this material.