- Justice & Peace »
- Habitat »
- Ministry »
- Community »
- Get Involved
- Who We Are »
- Parish Council
- Infrastructure »
As stated in the Parish Bylaws, the Education Committee "shall be concerned with fostering religious knowledge and understanding within the community."
The purpose of the Education Committee is to assess the education needs/desires of the parish and formulate a vision for religious formation. The Committee will work in collaboration with the pastor, staff and the parish, to plan, select, develop and evaluate educational programs which contribute to ensuring and fostering religious knowledge and understanding of all parishioners.
All are welcome.
For information, contact Dave Schultz.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
The committee is responsible to:
1. Assess, with pastor, staff and parishioners, the educational needs/desires of the parish.
2. Lead the parish in the development of innovative educational programs.
3. Establish priorities among the parish’s educational needs/desires and determine which can realistically be addressed and where inter-committee or inter-parish collaboration might be effective.
4. Formulate long-range and short-term goals and objectives for spiritual and faith formation of the community.
5. Investigate options to implement goals.
6. Collaborate with parish education staff.
7. Evaluate programs developed by the Committee to determine effectiveness.
8. Maintain communication with the parish concerning programs, encouraging active support and involvement.
9. Provide on-going formation of committee members in its areas of responsibility through workshops, study, spiritual formation, etc.
10. Prepare budget proposals for educational programs jointly with the finance committee and parish staff for possible inclusion in the annual budget.
11. Report of committee activities to the Parish Council each June or upon request.
12. Support the staff in seeking the engagement of parents in the education and faith formation of their children.
The Education Committee has an advisory role with respect to parish staff educational activities.
a. Children and youth education programs: It is the responsibility of the committee to support education/faith formation activities for the community
b. Adult education programs: It is the responsibility of the education committee to ensure the development of a broad and comprehensive range of educational activities for adults and for families in the Cabrini community. Ongoing educational activities may be initiated by the education committee but after establishment should be operated by a subcommittee, the staff or separate community group.
The Committee shall initiate educational activities such as:
a. Collaborative learning opportunities with other parishes;
b. Adult education and spiritual development programs that offer growth in faith and knowledge of our church.
c. Self-directed groups which meet in reading circles, learning communities, etc.