- Parish Council
- Vision Themes »
- Liturgy Committee
- Justice & Peace »
- Education Committee
- Pastoral Care »
- Outreach Committee
- Community Life
- Plant/Maintenance Comm-About »
- Finance Committee
- Habitat »
About Justice and Peace at Cabrini
The Justice and Peace Coalition commits itself to follow Jesus’ message of unconditional love by promoting the dignity of all human persons. Our mission is to educate Cabrini members about human rights and justice issues, and to invite them to take action in addressing such issues.
Membership in the Justice and Peace Coalition is open to all Cabrini members. Members select their own chairperson/facilitator and recording secretary. Meetings are held monthly from September through June at Cabrini, usually on the second Sunday of the month, following the 9 am Mass
The Justice and Peace Coalition
- Gathers information about human rights and justice issues.
- Educates Cabrini members on current human rights and justice issues through speakers/programs on specific topics, bulletin inserts, announcements and posters.
- Offers practical opportunities to respond to specific issues, such as letter writing, contacting legislators and other activities.
- Works cooperatively with other justice and peace groups on areas of mutual concern, i.e., other Cabrini committees, the Archdiocesan Office for Social Justice, other churches, and community activist groups.
- Reviews requests for financial support received by the parish and selects those for which a modest amount will make a difference.