About the Community Life Committee...The Community Life Committee is charged with organizing (and finding organizers) for many of Cabrini’s social events. These events include
- Weekly Hospitality in Garvey Hall following the 9 a.m. Mass
- Monthly Hospitality after the 5 p.m. Saturday Mass
- The Fall Picnic following the annual outdoor Mass
- Cabrini Night Pasta Dinner and Entertainment
- Candlelight Dinners in late winter
- Family Game Nights
- Special events that come up during the year such as welcome party for new staff members, a speaker, Earth Day, etc
The Community Life Committee occasionally partners with other committees on events as well, i.e. our collaboration with Justice and Peace on the Feed My Starving Children service project.
The committee is always looking for new members or for volunteers who would like to take charge of a single event (e.g. finding volunteers to host hospitality for a 3-4 month period). Instructions for how to organize events are detailed in our Community Life Manual.
St. Frances Cabrini is a community with an active “social life” so there are opportunities for everyone—young or old, new or long-time member-- to participate in some event. Contact a Committee Chair to find out how you can get involved and to share your ideas.
Committee MembersMarita Bujold (Co-chair)
Karla Michels-Boyce (Co-chair)
Kim Schneider (Co-chair)